THIS BLOG IS ON HIATUS.

Fun Book Lovers' Questionnaire!

Yay, I was tagged by Ranu from The Bookish Life!
These are some interesting questions and I had fun answering them!

1. Do you have a specific place for reading?

I don't have a special place reserved for reading. I like a place that is quiet, breezy and comfortable. That could be anywhere in my house at certain times of the day. I don't like reading outside like at a cafe, a park or something because I can easily get distracted.


2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?

I had a lot of bookmarks but somehow I always misplaced them. So, now I have one bookmark that I always use. It's a corner bookmark that is easy to make. I stumbled on a page that show how to make it sometime ago and I love it so much because it is so easy to make! But, of course, sometimes when I don't have a bookmark with me, I just use a random scrap of paper to mark a page.

3. Can you just stop anywhere in a book or do you have to finish a chapter?

It depends. Sometimes, I had to stop right where I was reading if something urgent came up. But, voluntarily, I have to finish a chapter before putting down a book. It's no fun if I had to stop in a middle of an adventure.

4. Do you read or drink while reading?

I try not to! It will be a disaster if crumbs or liquid were to spill on the book! Such horror! But, I do drink while reading. It's kind of hard to read and eat at the same time. At least, it is for me. I don't juggle things easily. Besides, it's kind of hard to eat while trying to prop open a book.
Ebooks are a different kind of game though. I eat and drink for all I'm worth while reading an ebook and feel nothing bad about it.

5. Music or tv when reading?

I find myself easily distracted when reading in front of a tv. Even commercials tend to distract me. But, over time, it just become a background noise. I am fine when listening to music while reading, depends on the song. Reading while listening to an upbeat song or a rock proved to be difficult because I will be nodding my head to the music (it's kind of hard to read when your head is moving) and even singing to the tune. So, I mostly listen to instrumental or musical songs and it doesn't distract me as much.

6. One book at a time or several?

If it is a particularly engrossing book, I wouldn't be able to put it down in the first place. But, there were cases where a book was draggy and slow-going that made me put it on hold and start reading another book. I always come back for the first book and try to finish it even if I have to juggle between reading a couple of books.

7. Reading at home or elsewhere?

I like reading at home because it is more comfortable and I can prop my legs up on the table without getting frowned upon or nasty looks thrown my way (not like it ever happen! xD). Besides, it's not like you can stay rooted on a spot for several hours in the same position without attracting concerned attention, right?


8. Read out loud or silently?

I tried reading out loud before but it took only a moment before my voice started to drone and I stopped reading out loud altogether because I couldn't really concentrate on the story if I'm reading out loud.

9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?

I do, sometimes, when a book is so boring but I still needed to know how it goes. I skim if it won't affect my understanding of the story.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

Of course, keeping it like new! I even open my book just a crack so it won't affect the spine! My friends can't help but roll their eyes whenever I told them the rules to handling and reading my books. It includes, opening a book just a crack, just enough to see the words. xD Okay, I don't always do that to all my books. Just the new ones. The older books spine's doesn't crack even if you open it wide so I'm not worried about my older books but my new books, I take care of them like babies! xD

11. Do you write in your books?

I don't! I can't imagine why would anyone do such a thing! Such horror!

But, an author's autograph doesn't count! :D


Look at this Harry Potter book that was autographed by 24 of the cast. Not mine, sadly! D':

12. Who are you tagging?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...